Tuesday 27 January 2015

Blog my life

From now until the time I was birthed on this blessed planet called Earth, I have encountered many events that have moulded me into the boy you see today.My life is fairly eventful for a small and timid boy. Some events leave a smile on my face every time I reminisce back to those happy times. Some events however leave a tear on my face every time I recall them. There are events however that I remember so vividly because to me, it was a major turning point in my life. These memories have never left my library of knowledge whenever I revisit them and they will stay there for as long as I am breathing.


The first event took place when I was in primary school. I recall that when I was in Primary 3, I was chosen as a representative for the Yellow House to participate in a series of running events at an event called Sports Day. Sports Day was a day where representatives of each respective house(Red,Blue,Green and Yellow) compete against each other to see which house was superior. What has made this event so special to me is the fact that at the time, I had not discovered what my talent was but when went for this event, I had discovered my hidden talent. I was turned down at Basketball, I got kicked out of the Robotics Club and I even was told to leave the soccer team. So, as you can see, I really had nothing to my name at the time. When I was given this honour to represent my house, I could not fathom why they chose me. However, when I did participate in this event, I myself was shocked by outcome. In all the races that I competed in, I was the victor by a mile. After this incident, I realised that I had an affinity for running. Not just running as a matter of fact, but in all track and field sports. You name it, I have participated in it and have won. After the event, I took up Track and Field as my CCA at Primary 3. 2 years later, I was the overall captain of Track and Field in my school.


The second event also took place in my primary school. I remember going for a Track and Field training try-outs at Singapore Sports School. What has made this event so significant is the fact that I was recognized for my efforts and I was invited to participate in these try-outs. I managed to get in.After the event, I realised that I had a certain talent towards running and so from Primary 5 to 6, every Saturday I went to SSS to train. This training took my running skills to the next level. Completion of this training rewarded me with a certificate of participation which would allow me to go to any school through DSA, granted that that school has Track and Field as a CCA in the first place. 

The third incident took place when I was in secondary school. I recall that it was in the chemistry lab. What has made this incident so significant is the fact that I was so ignorant towards my teacher's advice not play around with the different chemicals and the apparatuses. I had burnt myself while heating a test tube full of chemicals which led to the test tube dropping on the floor and breaking, spilling all the chemicals on the floor. I did not tell anyone as I was sitting alone at the back and nobody took notice of me. I quickly relieved the burning pain on my hand and started to wipe up the chemicals. After class, I plucked up enough courage to tell my teacher about it. I was severely reprimanded by her. After the incident, I realised that not every time is play time. We must know when to play and when to be serious.


The fourth event took place in my secondary school. I remembered joining the NCC because of it's values that it imposes on all it's cadets to adhere to dearly. What has made this event so significant is the fact that joining this CCA has transformed me from a lazy, carefree fleabag to a disciplined, fit and proud member of NCC. Joining NCC was one of the best choices I had ever made. I made a lot of new friends. All of us sweat together, train together, eat together, shit together and take care of one another because we are brothers. After the event, I realised that joining NCC made me more or less the person I am today. If I did not join this CCA, I would have continued to be a lazy and carefree fleabag.

All these events are the so-called pinnacles of my life where I have made major decisions in my life and have to live with but they are so worth it. No matter how tough the going gets, the tough gets going meaning that no matter how hard a situation is, we have to be strong enough to overcome it. All of these events have given me more knowledge and insight towards the future. I am mentally and physically prepared to face any obstacle that I will overcome in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment