Wednesday 7 January 2015

Traveling around Singapore

During the holidays, I had just recently began cycling when my dad decided that we should start cycling to everywhere we go and he meant it. He bought a bike for all of us...even my mom. Soon after, we began cycling to Tampines Mall, Singapore Expo, East Coast Park and Bedok Jetty. The list could go on but the furthest we went was Marina Barrage. Despite the frequent requests to my dad that wherever we are going is easier to get there by car, he still insisted that we should all cycle to the places that we wanted to go. It was only after much persuading that he finally stopped. We didn't want to make him sad but also didn't want to come back home with jelly legs and sweaty bodies. Soon after, my dad wanted us to try fishing at Punggol. We all said yes because we didn't want him to feel bad about the bikes. When we got there, there already were people there fishing. Of course, my dad had to buy a few fishing rods for us so that we could try it out. Mind you, this fishing place was one out of two that I know that sells cheap fishing rods for $5. Soon after we had blown through $50. When all hope seemed lost, we caught a fish that was huge compared to the rest of the fishes in the fishing pool. Very soon after, we caught buckets of fishes. Turned out we were quite good at this fishing business. When we went home, we brought back with us buckets of fishes. We had so much fun that day. I would definitely do it again when I have the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment