Wednesday 7 January 2015

My hobbies

People keep asking me why I am, at any given point,playing games or sleeping. To me, these two things are my hobbies including watching Japanese anime. It sounds weird, time-consuming, unproductive and not useful at all. I disagree however to a certain extent where it is not exactly unproductive and it does have it's uses.

Firstly,sleeping is my hobby but I think everybody knows it.I frequently show everyone what my hobby is in class. I LOVE sleep. Sleeping just makes all my worries and problems fade away and where i can just let my creativity flow and see what my creativity has manifested into. Sleep is just the best thing you can do. You get energy just from sleeping and you feel refreshed after a good night's sleep. Strangely enough, I have insomnia at night but have reverse insomnia in the morning. For a person who's hobby is sleeping, this is definitely not good. However, life goes on and so I have to learn to cope with my disorder so that it will not be an obstacle for me in my daily life.


Secondly, gaming is another hobby of mine. The most time-consuming hobby of mine is gaming. Sometimes during the holidays i would go as far as not sleeping for a whole day just to play games. Games to me are an outlet for me to play with friends. It feels so satisfying when you have played a few rounds and be able to showcase your skills and talent in the game to your friends. Let's say you make a game-winning headshot, or a last-minute goal that flips the tables entirely; the feeling of being able to help your team win and be the main cause of it will instantly be etched into your mind that you single-handedly carried your team/friends to victory. These games of course have a negative side to it. Whenever you make a wrong move, miss a game-winning shot or even just failing to help out your friends,it can cause you to lose the whole game and sometimes these mistakes can cause people to be completely hated by their team which gives them the feeling that they are useless.

Thirdly, watching Japanese anime is another hobby of mine which came as a surprise to me. It started off as just listening to people ranting on and on about naruto. Soon after, I decided to watch an anime I had heard of from a friend called Law Of Ueki. Not long after, I was hooked. I couldn't stop watching all of the anime episodes. At first I thought anime was just something that I could just dismiss as garbage but I was wrong. The minute I started, I just couldn't stop. I had to know what happened to so and so during a significant time in the anime's timeline. I just couldn't stop myself. Eventually, when I finished the whole anime, I realised that I had just wasted about 1 day of my life. I didn't care.

 Now of course I try to limit my sleeping, gaming and watching anime to a minimum. Gaming and watching anime I can manage. It is just the sleeping that I just can't seem to limit myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment